Friday, September 19, 2014

Activity Carnival = FAIL

So, yesterday was the Activity Carnival and if I haven't explained what it is, it's basically a carnival filled with students and advisors trying to represent their club and try to get people to join and it's only really for Freshmen.


Even though I'm involved in like 6 clubs, I only wanted to help out with the Stage Crew table. We weren't as exciting as the other clubs, but it's not like we can just make a set out there, and we had no set pieces to show off, so yeah. One of the advisors (Mr. Clark), came up with an idea to make "sets" outta legos, no Freshman really even looked twice at the legos, but who really cares. I made 2 t-shirts and in fabric paint wrote STAGE CREW on the backs, and the advisor (Ms. Barton [actually Mrs. Wright]), she had one of her ELL students paint on the Comedy & Tragedy Masks for the front of the t-shirt, so it looked pretty cool. We raffled those off, so when people would sign up, we'd tell them to sign their name on a piece of paper to go in a raffle. We probably got 15 at most to sign up, which is literally devastating to me, because we had 35 sign up last year (granted they only came to the first meeting and only one was ever seen in my run crew, but still) People would come up to the table and ask what we were, but wouldn't sign up, but that's whatever.


Our first meeting is Wednesday September 24th after school, I made a poster that I'm gonna show the advisors and get it signed so I can hang it up on Monday. I'm hoping we have at least 5 people show up, plus we'll make announcements on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm just a little disappointed that no one really was that curious this year. But whatever I made a stage crew last year, I can make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment